Tar and Abby

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

So I discovered why normal people go nutz.

Image result for dealing with city hall meme 
A tractor started tearing up the neighbor's driveway at 6.30am. I am NOT going to complain as the neighborhood put up with hot and cold running teenagers and a punk rock band in our basement.
But I was curious.
And I think I found out why normally nice people turn into Trump supporters ---
This is just a small bit I found, on our city website about noise ordinances --

(2) "dBA" means the sound pressure level in decibels measured using the "A" weighting network on a sound level meter. The sound pressure level, in decibels, of a sound is 20 times the logarithm to the base 10 of the ratio of the pressure of the sound to a reference pressure of 20 micropascals.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

WTH? gotta be an engineer to read THAT bullshit!

the dogs' mother said...

Will test The Engineer when he gets home tonight...

Bob Slatten said...

I have a headache now.

mistress maddie said...

HUH???? Boy I missed your post,lol!!!!!

Sadie J said...

Sure, no problem, because we all have sound level meters sitting around...

Jeanne said...

Stupid political jargon! When we lived in Louisiana, noise was an issue in the nearby town. Noise from those loud stereos in cars. I was proud of the politicos in city hall when they finally got around to addressing the noise issue. They said if a person (standing outside the car) can hear the car's windows rattle from the stereo (when the windows are rolled up) then the music is too loud. No mumbo jumbo there. LOL Most places we've lived limit construction noise to 7am-7pm....