Tar and Abby

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

A little more information would be nice...

: (WA state) declares emergency in 20 counties due to multiple wildfires, extreme fire conditions

First response on Twitter:
  can we get a link with list of counties?


Looking around... fireman neighbor home, so we must be safe. When I smell smoke (having been in a bad fire before) I listen for sirens, I look to see if fireman neighbor is home or his house is quiet. Usually calms me down :-)

FINALLY update: "The proclamation covers Adams, Asotin, Benton, Chelan, Columbia, Douglas, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Kittitas, Klickitat, Lincoln, Okanogan, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Yakima, Walla Walla and Whitman counties."
(we are Benton Co.) 

3 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

It certainly is a mess out there, up and down the coast!

Jeanne said...

Be safe. I shall pray for rain.

Mr. Shife said...

As someone much more famous than me said, "It turns out common sense isn't so common." The government certainly does make you shake your head a lot. Hope the weather turns cooler for you guys.