Tar and Abby

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

When you let the neighborhood tribe bring you animals ----

you sometimes get rattlesnakes....
This picture was taken this week out on the Cold War reservation.
When all the tribe was younger they would bring me all sorts of critters and we'd set up habitats for them. I've had escaped frogs hopping down my hallway at 3am, a hatching of preying mantis in the car and a baby rattlesnake - 'do you know what kind of snake this is?' YES, let's take it back to an open range area VERY carefully.

4 comments:

Sadie J said...

Sounds a bit like my house when the kids were young. We could have opened a zoo!

Jeanne said...

I had my share of rattlesnakes growing up in southern Colorado! And then I really had my share of snakes while I lived in Louisiana! Ugh!!!

Bob Slatten said...

When I was a kid I found a snake in the backyard and my mother would not let me bring it inside.
So i did.
Imagine the terror I felt when I had to tell my mom that I'd lost the snake INSIDE THE HOUSE.
We.Never.Found.It.

mistress maddie said...

Tell them you can buy rattles at toy r us.