Tar and Abby

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

We owe Tar an apology -

For weeks he has refused to come up the deck stairs. We figured it was because the sandpaper stuff had worn off. We urged him to be brave. We brought him in and out thru the bottom floor. We are looking into a rough surface paint. We are considering selling the house... We rolled our eyes at a 130 lb. baby of a Labrador.

Today I think I found out the reason. When the dogs were noodling around the deck all of a sudden a swarm of wasps came out of a hole in the railing at the top of the stairs. I'm betting he got stung once and that is why he is afraid to come up the stairs.

First we had our annual ant invasion and now wasps. I am tired of all insects.
Heading out to buy wasp spray.

6 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Poor Tar. Your probably right. He has associated the stairs with zaps! But he is such a smart baby, granted, a very BIG baby.

anne marie in philly said...

look at that handsome face! poor tar! :(

you may need a professional to get rid of the wasps...just sayin'...would NOT want to see you get stung by those nasty pests!

Sadie J said...

Our four-legged family members just know things we don't. It's probably a good thing they can't talk!

Jeanne said...

Poor Tar! I do believe he would forgive you for a nice, juicy bone!

Bob Slatten said...

My money is on the wasps. Ozzo once got stung and for a while there he wouldn't go into the back yard at all.

PS Tar is one big handsome baby!

Katy Noelle said...

Not fun! Nature is encroaching here, too. My youngest and I had to go through the first round of rabies shots because youngest picked up a bat (which bit him, of course.) Then, there were skunks everywhere (too many grubs in the fields, this year) and.... what else.... wild cats EVERYWHERE! :P But the bugs haven't been too bad! :) (Count your many blessings one by one - I mean, I need to - I'll take rabies shots over a bad mosquito season ANY DAY! ;) )