Tar and Abby

Thursday, July 16, 2015

insects, arachnids, bugs, beetles OH MY!

First it was a zillion aphids.
Deployed an army of ladybugs and praying mantis.

Then it was the annual ant invasion in the house. The Engineer got rid of one of their nests. They moved to the deck. Carrying their eggs!

Then it was the wasps. Got rid of one nest. Discovered they are setting up housekeeping in another place.

AND TODAY - a black widow spider discovered by the downstairs slider INSIDE the house. Normally I catch and release spiders but this one will have to wait for The Engineer to get home. It is very aggressive.

6 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

Bugs who enter my house without express written consent of the owner, i.e. me, deserve to get whatever happens to them ... even if that means the heel of my shoe on their tiny heads.

anne marie in philly said...

ew ew ew! we still see a few ants round here, but none of the other critters.

mistress maddie said...

I'm with Anne Marie. I have seldom seen too many bugs inside. Ladybugs in the late winter/early spring at one window. The only thing I get, for some reason when it rains, the occasional thousand legger. YUCK!!!!!!! I HATE THOSE THINGS. And when I'm lying in bed or on the sofa and see one, I'm like, I should really get it. For if it decided to fall on me, all kinds of chaos would ensue. But I did hear they are good for a house as they eat other insects. Maybe Ill capture you mine and send them out.

Mr. Shife said...

All our ladybugs got up and moved. We bought 4 ladybug containers from the local lawn and garden and I haven't seen one in months. I guess Tank scared them away. Hope the critter problem gets better. Take care.

Jeanne said...

EW! Bugs! And it's been a Buggy year here - what with all the rain. I feel your pain. :o)

Katy Noelle said...

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeek!!!!!! Squash THAT bug for sure! NO black widows!! Although, come to think of it.... my mom would warn us when there was a black widow and tell us to stay away and we would go visit it - show our friends - freak ourselves out - but I'm just realizing that it wouldn't disappear. What was she thinking? :O

(Inside that house?!?!?! Ugh!)