Tar and Abby

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I'm mailing my sister-in-law an empty egg carton...

The Engineer's sister and brother-in-law are part of a large family farm. They have chickens who lay eggs for their use and spend a lot of time roaming SIL's huge vegetable garden looking for tasty bugs.

These eggs were $5.99 at the grocery store. (Usual price range from $2.89 to $3.99).
These chickens WERE RAISED WITH RESPECT! The eggs are ETHICAL! The hens are HAPPY!

This just cracked me up. I know factory chickens live a pretty miserable life. Bless their hearts for treating their chickens well. Though the cost of this four color carton could probably buy each chicken a weekly massage.

3 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

I'm all for better quality food and more humane treatment of animals, but can the average Joe, or in this case Bob, really spend 6 bucks for eggs when he normally spends less than three?

Sadie J said...

That's too funny! I work in a small grocery store and I can promise, if we carried eggs that cost that much,no matter how well the chickens were treated, my job would become unbearable!

Jeanne said...

LOL! The carton is great! "Alfresco Eggs" LOL