Tar and Abby

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Pull tab to open....

Some of us, of a certain age, got to watch The Carol Burnett Show when it first ran. Loved every minute of it.
This time of year I always remember the 'pull tab to open' skit where Carol tries to open a soda and ends up trashing her entire kitchen.
Wrapping Christmas presents, getting this little or that little thing to do what I want it to, getting wrapping paper to stop trying to go back to its original configuration, losing the tape, the scissors, the tags. The family room looks like a paper storm hit it.
Thank you, Carol, for getting me thru the @$#% wrapping and mailing *fun*. Breathe deeply and pull tab to open....


5 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

yeah, I used to watch her show.

breathe deeply, exhale slowly. if that fails, grab a beer from the gnome's special secret stash!

Bob Slatten said...

I kinda wish someone had filmed your wrapping massacre for YouTube!

S'A said...

I second what Bob said!

Greg said...

The Carol Burnett Show was one of the best shows ever. Whenever they cracked each other up on set would have me howling with laughter.

Jeanne said...

A great show! They don't make 'em like that any more.