Tar and Abby

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Adventures in Thanksgiving - getting started already

This would be me - but I don't drink. I'd like to drink...

Anyway we have had our fair share of adventures - niece throwing up over the side of the bunk bed on top of her sister. Dogs drinking up all the fryer oil and doing the same in concert. The carrots that refused to cook. The parsnip pie.

So far, this year - Tar has eaten one of the candles that I have set aside to decorate the table. I caught him before he swallowed the metal bit.

I pre-made a turkey that came with just breasts only - poor thing bounced around life without wings and legs....

 I made broth out of that turkey, simmered all day. Put it out on the 25 degree deck for 'free' cooling off. Forgot to bring it in. We had freezing rain all night. Pot stuck to the table....

5 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

Luckily our dog is too small to eat a candle; plus, he probably weighs less than a candle.

anne marie in philly said...

OMB! waaaay too many adventures already, and 40 more days to go in the season!

Jeanne said...

Oh My! Such grand adventures! And then you throw the Gnomes into the mix.....and let the games begin!

mistress maddie said...

Where ever did you find my recipe??!?!? Second, I swear you dogs must have iron stomachs. Is that a Lab thing? They will eat anything!!! Third, if ever there was a comic strip with your household, the Family Circus comes to mind. LMAO

S'A said...

Actually, sounds a bit like me, except I don't drink until the food is cooked (I'm a very serious cook!) Reminds me of the year Mom used my recipe to Brine a turkey and instead of cooking it until it reached 175 degrees, she cooked it at 175 degrees. Needless to say, it wasn't done at meal time!