Tar and Abby

Sunday, September 21, 2014

The difference between dogs' mother and The Engineer in one HGTV segment

I had to burst out laughing this morning watching HGTV.
The Property Brothers host was talking kitchen cabinets with the couple upon whom they were working their magic. (Hey, they're Canadian and twins - two of my favorite things.)

The host was talking frosted glass or clear glass fronted cupboards. The wife said, 'well that will reduce the storage I have.' The husband looked perplexed and said, 'It is the exact same space.'
I swear he's an engineer.

To wit -

After 29 years of children and assorted tribe members I don't even own matching dishes anymore.

7 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Who cares about matching, it more fun and creative when things are mixed up. I like the look of that very much. I can imagine the scenario.

S'A said...

I love glass fronts, but I've always seen this as the problem!

anne marie in philly said...

I have fiesta ware; I NEVER match the colors cause mixing a yellow plate with a green bowl and a blue mug is ALWAYS in fashion!

mrs.missalaineus said...

let's just say that glass fronts don't HIDE as much stuff, even though they have the same cubic space as their solid door counterparts...


xxalainaxx

Bob Slatten said...

I like 'em, though I would have to hide some of the junkier things.

Jeanne said...

The logic of Men! Sheesh!!!

Katy Noelle said...

Toooooooo funny!! I have to say that I am absolutely perplexed about this glass fronted cupboard thing. In another decade, the home improvement channels will be giving out clever ideas about how to add curtains to them so that you can't see the mess inside your cupboard. ;)

Yes - perplexed about how people can be so sparse and fritter away their storage space and absolutely perplexed about how it could be autumn already!