Tar and Abby

Monday, August 25, 2014

He's baaaaack!

18 years ago some kids were wading around in the river while watching our annual boat races.
They found a skull. Dude!! Police were called. One of our church members was called (anthropologist) to ID that this skull was really, really old. His daughter, one of the Sunday school tribe and artist, drew the first representation of the skull. Report and original drawing here.

Kennewick Man went on to all sorts of adventures. His whole skeleton was dug up. Lots of people put in claims for kinship. My personal favorite was the Druids.

He has been studied ever since.
Now he has a new book coming out which I have already pre-ordered.


4 comments:

S'A said...

I'm on lunch break and don't have much time for reading right now, so I'll have to come back to it after work, but what I had time to read is very interesting!

Bob Slatten said...

I remember reading about Kennewick Man when i lived in California. Sheesh, even HE gets a book deal.

Katy Noelle said...

Cool!!!

Jeanne said...

At first I thought maybe you might be writing about D.B.Cooper. :0)

I remember when Kennewick Man was found. My mom and sisters were living in Oregon at the time. Very interesting article. I imagine the book will be equally interesting. He's quite a handsome fellow.