Tar and Abby

Sunday, June 1, 2014

The computer age - it not SkyNet, it is Google!

Youngest and five other college students are working for a computer company over the summer. The company found them short term housing and, helpfully, sent them Google directions on how to get
from their apartment to the company headquarters in downtown Seattle.
Google sent them over a toll bridge. A toll bride that costs $3.95 to cross. Once. The toll bridge is so expensive as they have cameras that catch your lisc. plate number and mail you a bill to your home address.
I say Google is going SkyNet.
The Engineer says if you hire a bunch of computer geeks and they can't figure out how to get to your location then you should fire them.
This is particularly current with us as we drove with Youngest down to Portland and Google sent us into tiny streets in East Portland instead of over the river to SW Portland. Youngest was able to rescue us with his cell phone nav app.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I refuse to use technology cause 9 times outta 10 it's wrong. I like my paper maps!

Bob Slatten said...

I'm with Anne Marie, I use the paper map!

mrs.missalaineus said...

tshirt over the license plate.

xxalainaxx

Jeanne said...

I agree with the Engineer!

lacochran's evil twin said...

More Big-Brothery every day...

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

I think the engineer is right!
And sometimes paper maps are better... I don't lime my GPS!