Tar and Abby

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dress code proposed for parents -

This cracked me up --

"Broward County School Board member brought up the idea during a meeting after noticing parents dropping their kids off at the High School while wearing saggy pants that exposes their underwear and curlers in their hair.
“We have dads showing up in sagging pants, It’s hard for me to tell a child not to show up for school with hair curlers, pajamas or short shorts if they see parents wearing them. Parents need to lead by example.”

I used to drive the whole block to elementary school, a mile away. I had to drive high schoolers for zero hour (7am) as there was no bus that early. I know I did not wear pjs... but I was also not groomed to the max or even the minimum.

Original story here

3 comments:

mistress maddie said...

AMEN!!!! I am appalled daily how people dress. Anymore it's in sweats that are way to big, or their just plain sloppy. Even in our store some shop in active wear. Active wear should be for the gym only!!!! Alas , many either just gave up, or have no pride, so it's no wonder these kids look like train wreaks.

Bob Slatten said...

I'm with MM.^^^^

Jeanne said...

I can see both sides of the argument. And I do agree with MM .... but sometimes there are mornings when I have the Grands that it's hard to get them & me dressed!