Tar and Abby

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

sigh, another glitter/jar/water fail

A friend, who works in a classroom for behaviorally challenged boys, posted a picture of a 'calming jar' and joked that her classroom and all of the adults could benefit from it. (In reality it could become a missile pitched thru a window.)
The description was for a crying and frustrated child to shake the jar and be calmed by the falling glitter. The directions used glitter glue, regular glitter and warm water to dissolve the glue. So I did. Two hours later it looks like this...
I feel like pitching a fit and whining and being crabby.

8 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Would it help if I just send you a snow globe? I'll say, your committed to perfecting this yet.

the dogs' mother said...

I bought one to study it.... lol.
And I found out about some kind of acid that you can order on Amazon.
(I'll get on the NSA list yet!)
Since this is all for grandchildren some day and none of the kids is married and we only have one steady in the bunch - I have time!

Bob Slatten said...

It isn't calming me at all.

mrs.missalaineus said...

i remember making something like this by dissolving moth balls in glycerine with glitter as a girl scout because it smelled so bad...


xxalainaxx

the dogs' mother said...

okay, mark moth balls off the list of possibilities...

S'A said...

You can use it as a paperweight, I guess. That way it's not a total waste!

Jeanne said...

Your picture looks like a jar of muddy, silty water - the kinda stuff I used to see in the bayou behind our house when we lived in Louisiana.
Here's a link you might find useful.
http://www.themagiconions.com/2013/12/make-beautiful-winter-wonderland-snow-globe.html
Hope it helps! Good luck!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Awww-- just pitch it out the window ;)