Tar and Abby

Monday, December 30, 2013

This is how it should be

Made me smile this morning:

Local story: A Muslim exchange student lives with a Mormon family and attends a small private Catholic high school.

We hosted an exchange student when my brother was a senior in high school and I was at college. Jurgen, a relaxed  German charmer, who, along with my brother, ended up in a cast from skiiing and they both went to prom with leg casts on and juanty canes. And top hats and ungodly colored tuxes but such was male fashion in the 70s.



Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/12/29/2751561/pakistani-exchange-student-lives.html#storylink=cpy

3 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Made me smile, too :)

Jeanne said...

Great story! Wish there were more like that! We can all live in peace & harmony.

S'A said...

The '70s were fun, true!