Tar and Abby

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rant Alert

My debit card was stolen earlier this fall.
Someone tried to buy make-up in South Dakota.
Got it replaced.
Then one of our grocery stores had data and cards
stolen. My friend had to cancel and replace her card.
Then Target got 40 million stolen.
I have a receipt from the day before the theft happened.
I am getting tired of going thru receipts, checking
statements every day.
I'm thinking about going all cash for local purchases.
And not ordering over the internet for a while,

4 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Guuurrrrrl I'm right there with you. believe it or not,I pay cash for just about everything local 90% of the time, except big ticket items, which aren't often, or auto repairs. Never been a online shopper unless push comes to shove. Meanwhile dumb me yesterday went for coffee, and my debt card must have slipped out of my wallet. Never turned up after retracing steps. Canceled right away. Now must really use cash.

Bob Slatten said...

I don't do debit cards, but I'm a whiz with cash or a checkbook.
I'm old school like that because it seems it's getting easier everyday to have your identity or card numbers stolen.
Luckily I haven't been inside a Target in a few years!

S'A said...

Hmm, I'm a credit card user myself, I like the convenience plus the cash back. I've never lost a card, but got my # stolen once. Thank goodnes, it was my Discover card and they caught the unusual activity and took care of it, no hassle.

Jeanne said...

I hear ya! I use cash for local purchases. And boy! Do I ever get funny looks when I do!
It's a shame that the people who have the knowledge and know-how to hack into a system don't use that knowledge for better purposes!
Hubby took some computer hacking classes when he was in college a few years back and he said it was amazing at how easy it was to hack into someplace. Big companies need to hire ex-hackers to check their systems. But I did hear this morning that the Target mess was possibly an inside job.