Tar and Abby

Sunday, December 15, 2013

I'm officially declaring a Pinterest Fail

Note the not falling snow.
Trees end up as brown wire
 Plastic jars, for kid safety, end up way too heavy

I tried everything. Tried waterproofing the trees. They lost their color and muddied the water. Gave up. Took the trees out. Tried real commercial snow. All floated to the top. Took snow out. Left no air. Tried different concentrations of glycerin and distilled water.  Tried all sorts of glitter. Glitter mixtures. Tried different jars. Leaked. Tried 'dry' globes. All the glitter went static and stuck to the sides. I perused the entire Pinterest collection of diy snow globes. Followed a lot of pins to their sites for hints. I have an entire shelf full of plastic and glass jars. A box full of glitter, snow, trees, snowmen and glues. It mocks me...


5 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Ha, too funny and look at the after math. At least the first looks sorta snowy, granted its all at the top. Will the pieces now go to the gnomes for Christmas? Now sit, you need a drink.

Bob Slatten said...

Oooh, crystals and diamonds!!

I want one !!!

mrs.missalaineus said...

i have no pinterest in pinterest. i find all my internet fails the old fashioned way, with a good ol' google search.

i read the pintester blog all the time- you should see if she allows for guest posts!

xxalainaxx

Sonja Foust said...

I hate to laugh at your pain, but... BAHA! They look like science experiments preserved in strange liquids. ;) I agree with Maddie. Have a drink! That always makes me feel better. ;)

Jeanne said...

Looks like a disaster of monsoonal proportions. A drink?! Yes. Most definitely.
Haven't had a lot of luck with things I find on pinterest... but I can remember making these back in grade school. Maybe adhesives were stronger and glycerin was thicker back then, in the stone age. Don't know.....