Tar and Abby

Friday, October 25, 2013

Tar falls into the pond. Again

 Note Abby trying to help.
The pond is so stuffed with plants that he could not get to the shallow end. When we moved them out
of the way he was too freaked out.
Since The Engineer is out of town I instructed Daughter to run across the street and ask Firefighter Neighbor to help. We may have had the whole department here!
Then Tar finally made a heroic effort and he got out.
And smells of wet dog
and
wet skunk - as water activates the residual skunk he got a couple months ago.
I'm draining the pond right now and called someone who can do some major remodeling of it.
Ever since the resident labor grew up, went away to college and to work it is time to lighten
the work load around here.

5 comments:

Bob Slatten said...

Never a dull moment, eh?

mistress maddie said...

I'm beginning to think a reality show is in order if you'd do it!?! I get the best laughter from these dogs and their antics, sorry, but I do. The income money would pay for the mishaps. And with a drained pond, will that mean the plants go too? Seems so beautiful.

the dogs' mother said...

I'm hoping pond guy can take the lilies and use them in his business. The hyacinth won't make it thru the winter up here. The iris I can replant a moist, boggy like area - probably up on the deck so I can monitor their water content.

Sam said...

Bless his heart

lacochran's evil twin said...

Are we sure Abby didn't push him in?