Tar and Abby

Thursday, July 25, 2013

the $35 venus flytrap

It started out as an impulse purchase. $7.99 in our fight against flies.
Then we got home and looked up care of such plants.
Oh.
We need special mail order dirt to plant it in its special clay pot and a bag of tiny rocks so it has adequate drainage but still stay humid so a plate needed to go underneath and has to be outside for four hours of strong sunshine a day AND it needs distilled water at $1.39 a jug...
Now it better get busy catching flies before they fly into the house.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Hmmmm...do keep us posted. ;)

Bob Slatten said...

For that much work, it should also walk the dogs and hose off the deck!

Jeanne said...

I have to agree with Bob. While I love my plants, I don't pamper them. I have a stern talk with them when they come home with me and I tell them that they had better be tough! And grow where I plant them.

mistress maddie said...

very cools, but it seems nothing is easy or cheap these days.