Tar and Abby

Saturday, July 13, 2013

It is time for drastic measures!

We've got wasps living in the juncture of the railing to the staircase rail. We tried live and let live but some family members are getting worried about them. So we bought *two* of these fake hives that were supposed to scare them off. A territorial thing.
Didn't work. Wasps laughed at the fake hives. Then we tried the Last Meal approach - cheap hot dogs, cheap beer and a last leisurely swim in the hanging trap. Worked pretty good.
Until tonight, while going down the stairs, I got a hell of a sting. They seemed to be swarming. Abby and Tar were trying to catch them out of the air. THAT'S IT! I knew The Engineer had some Raid squirreled away someplace. (I hate pesticides - but I've had it with these things!!) So out came the Raid.
Closed the deck to the dogs for the evening. Tar is inside now trying to catch flies.



7 comments:

Katy Noelle said...

That's too much excitement for me!! =O

We have absolutely no room in our hearts for hospitality to wasps!! No! No! ;)

Hope the sting goes away quickly!

=)

Bob Slatten said...

I'm all 'live and let live' until one of the SOBs stings me.
Then it's game on!

S'A said...

Hope that works. I don't particularly hate bees and wasps, but I don't want them too close to the house.

Sam said...

RAID!!!!

Sam said...

RAID!!!! Be safe!!!!!!

Amy said...

Oh my! Here I've been reading along, catching up with your Ongoing Series On Garden Gnome Adventures, and BAM, wasps!! The excitement never ceases - and I hope the wasps are gone.

lacochran's evil twin said...

I'm with you. I try to be magnanimous. But I draw the line at mosquitoes, wasps, hornets,...