Tar and Abby

Friday, May 24, 2013

We broke I-5


 Traffic on this bridge is estimated 71,000 vehicles a day,

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/05/23/2406557/i-5-bridge-collapses-in-nw-wash.html#storylink=cpy

Currently the thinking is an oversized load impacted on the spire of the bridge bringing a section down. Two cars and three people went into the river, all are well but banged up.

I've been over this bridge a lot - driving from Canada to see my grandparents in the states. The traffic on I-5 is huge. They have a detour set up that goes over a local bridge. Hopefully it holds up, the delays are going to be epic.


4 comments:

Bob said...

I remember crossing this bridge when we visited my Dad, and other times I've been to Seattle. Whatta mess!

lacochran's evil twin said...

Glad this wasn't you. Or the dogs!!

(Priorities, people.)

Amy said...

I'm so glad everyone survived. That looks really awful.

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

WHY do they issue permits for these rigs? So dumb (and, according to the paper, it had been hit before).