Tar and Abby

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

We are sooooo innocent. Really.

 Recently my new glasses disappeared. After much searching the Labradors were charged with illegal appropriation and purloin-age of the glasses. It is not without precedent. Two pairs of The Engineer's sunglasses have been reduced to bits, GB's wallet was munchified and a one hundred dollar bill was very tasty. Just now, as I type this, I took an asthma rescue inhaler away from Tar.

With the arrival of a passel of college students going on a brewery tour here in SE WA I have been washing bedding. Today I found my glasses... in a nest of fuzzy blankets on my chair which I use to get thru the winter. Only I could have lost them there. The Labradors are INNOCENT. 

Apologies have been offered. The extra $248 for new glasses will be taken off their ledger of doggy treats.... now I just have to figure out where Tar nabbed the inhaler...

10 comments:

Em said...

I've had two dobermans and suffice to say it's incredible what they've enjoyed as snackfood.

That picture is so perfect. They're adorable. (As an ex of mine had two black labs who ate the molding off of an entire ROOM, I don't completely buy the whole innocent act. But they're adorable!)

the dogs' mother said...

Dear lord, the molding! Abby chewed on the texture on the walls and has munched on the quilt on our bed - the seams of the pieces seem to offend her sense of order.

Bob said...

Poor Tar and Abby!!!

I hope they accepted the apology, and then dined on sunglasses and cash to celebrate!

S'A said...

It's amazing what they consider chewable. I once had a dog who ate my watch-- all that was left was the little hand and a link from the band.

Mr.Mischief said...

I feel so lucky that Obie is only interested in eating kibble and biscuits *whew*

mistress maddie said...

Tar just towers overs Abbey, or am I getting them mixed up again?

the dogs' mother said...

Tar=120lbs
Abby=65lbs
nope you don't have them mixed up :-)

Em said...

I know, right? (That poor room!) But her dogs were the biggest sweeties on the planet.

Janet Rudolph said...

My those are big labs.. So adorable, though!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Since my old guy has only a few teeth left, the chewing thing hasn't been a problem for a while. I remember back in the day, though... we used to call him the "toy disposal unit." ...And, gosh! Tar is BIG.