Tar and Abby

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

duck update

One of my favorite garden centers has a pair of ducks that come back every year to nest. I saw them again by the water garden tank. The mama duck finally decided where to nest this year after touring several buildings. She picked the herb display. Parsley specifically.  She plucked at the sage to line the nest.The nursery waits until the eggs are laid and then they move the nest, with chosen plants, to a hanging plant container so they are safe from wandering raccoons in the night.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I see a lullaby forming in the duck's mind:
♪♫ Are you goin' to Scarborough fair?
Parsley sage rosemary and thyme
Remember me to the one who lives there
She was once a true love of mine♫♪

the dogs' mother said...

I'll have to go back out there and ask her to sing :-)

lacochran's evil twin said...

Pretty amazing that they move the nest and yet the duck still comes back every year for another round. Great photo!