Tar and Abby

Monday, July 9, 2012

wait until your mother sees this...

Kind of astonished the paper put out this picture. What a dumb thing to do. But what worries me is how many other kids might try this. Is illegal to jump from the big bridges. This is a highly dangerous river. We had two drownings since July started.
Having been young and stupid myself - I attempted to swim out to a tower, and I was a super strong swimmer (lifeguard). When I got near to the tower, omg!, the current was SO strong. If you got swept to the tower it would kill you. I made it back to shore, about a mile from where I started.
Life jackets, don't over load the damn boat and don't jump off the damn bridges.

6 comments:

Bob said...

We used to jump off the Old fair Oaks Bridge when i was a kid. High, not that high, and no longer used for vehicle traffic.
Now they have an eight foot fence along the walkway to discourage jumpers.

S'A said...

Monkey see, monkey do. I'm also surprised the paper published this picture.

Tivo Mom said...

totally agree. yes I have done it but the bridges in my hometown were low...no excuse but we did it. I just don't want kids to get the wrong idea.

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

My boys did @#!* like this when they were adolescents. They were the dumbest smart people I ever knew. Fortunately, they survived. I'm glad you did, too.

Dani said...

So scary!

Sam said...

Gee, and nobody called the law??? LOL. this is why we call him GB instead of Jumper.