Tar and Abby

Monday, July 16, 2012

halp me!

 Note captured owl in man's right hand.
I be a burrowing owl.

"U.S. Fish and Wildlife is working with the Burrowing Owl Society of British Columbia to send up to 24 burrowing owls from the Umatilla Army Depot to B.C. for captive breeding."

They are all over the place around here. They move into ground squirrel dens, which are also all over the place. Often see them sitting by their burrows being more active in the day compared to other owls. Supervising the humans. Abby approves.

Read more here: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2012/07/15/2021343/bringing-burrowing-owls-back-to.html#wgt=rcntmulti#storylink=cpy

6 comments:

Bob said...

I've never heard of burrowing owls.
Now I'm afraid to walk outside with my shoes off!

Joy said...

I didn't know there were burrowing owls.

mistress maddie said...

Does Abby need some of these to help patrol the yard?

Big Shamu said...

I loves them.

Dani said...

They are such awesome critters!

Sam said...

I love them too.