Tar and Abby

Friday, July 20, 2012

another storm, two more fires

 So far - nothing is coming close to the fire that burned 190,000 acres when the Ponder children were in middle school. Keeping our fingers crossed. Abby very busy supervising all the storms. Another one expected today. I heard the last time this weather happened was in the early 40s and sparked over 500 fires across the state. The east side of the state if fairly dry compared to the westside (Seattle) and much of it looks like this - sagebrush or wheat fields.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I'm glad Abby is supervising. My old guy is shaking in his paws. He hates thunder. Yes...let's hope no fires start.

Bob said...

I also feel a bit better knowing Abby has taken control of the situation.

Sam said...

I hope that fire is out by the time I arrive. I'm coming up through Idaho is it clear there? Or should I
Come up through Bend??

the dogs mother said...

The problem is the storms come and go every day. So the fire situation changes every day. So far we are supposed to get a break. Walla Walla and Yakima are not.