Tar and Abby

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Abby and the thunders

Another huge storm and more promised this week. I can't tell you how unusual this is for our area. Usually we get two - one in May and one in August. The August one was always on the city wide swim meet - you could set your watch by it.
Anyway - first sign of thunder and Abby is outside, on alert, on the deck. Pouring rain comes and she is just inside with her nose out the door. BIG HUGE BOOM and she retreats to Abby's chair and barks. She loves her master's voice.

5 comments:

mistress maddie said...

Tar must thinks she is nuts!

Bob said...

We had a monster storm come through the other day. Well, some of us did.

Carlos and I now both work in Smallville, and he called from his office to mine to ask how we were faring with the weather.

"What weather?"I said.

"The lightning! The hail! The flooding!"

"Not here,"I said. "We're dry as a bone."

And just five blocks away!

Big Shamu said...

I think you're getting our storms.

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

My poor old dog just wanders around shaking. The only positive side to his ancient-ness is that he is getting a little deaf...so his terror is not quite as absolute as it used to be. I say, in the meantime...enuf already with the storms--send 'em back east where they belong ;)

Sam said...

Well Max is no fan of thunder. She hates it. Water in the other hand is her first love. Well I'm headed your way so I'll be sure to bring the sunshine and heat!!