Tar and Abby

Saturday, April 7, 2012

the grand Easter cupcake experiment...


Girls read about these cupcakes on Martha Stewart... Daughter on the left and Emergency Backup Daughter #2 on the right, blowing eggs from shells.

Mother wanders in the room and says, 'Can you dye brown eggs?'
Um.......

Kind of, after a fashion, especially if you use wine glasses to dye them in...

Then the cupcake batter is squeezed into the shells. Martha says fill 3/4 of the way full...

oh, my....

We had cupcake explosion. They are waiting for them to cool and then scrape off the excess. They will be going to a niece to consume tomorrow.

6 comments:

mrs.missalaineus said...

martha fail?


xxalainaxx

MakingSpace said...

What a great project! Clearly Martha used a less - expansive? cupcake recipe. LOL

My blog has my children's weekend project, thanks for commenting on it. When my girls are older I'm sure they'll void and re-stuff eggs too. Heh.

Big Shamu said...

Oh Martha. Oh Martha Followers. Oh exploding eggshell cupcakes.

Bob said...

I think Martha kept part of the recipe secret just so the eggs would explode and people will think she's a genius because hers are perfect.
Or, maybe, that's what i would do?

S'A said...

So I take it your are supposed to then peal them and eat them--just plain cake with no icing? Hmm, I like icing. (too much)

froggy said...

yes, what's a cupcake without icing and filling and sprinkles?!?