Tar and Abby

Saturday, January 14, 2012

what could possibly go wrong?



In Oregon they are exploring ways to pour water into volcanoes and generating power from the resultant steam. This dormant volcano is in Central Oregon.

"They hope the water comes back to the surface fast enough and hot enough to create cheap, clean electricity that isn't dependent on sunny skies or stiff breezes — without shaking the earth and rattling the nerves of nearby residents."

Can you imagine the environmental impact statement if it did? Sacrifices to the Volcano God may come back into vogue.

Full article here.

5 comments:

Tivo Mom said...

seems to me that we should just leave this stuff alone. I don't want to upset Mother Nature any more than we already have.

mistress maddie said...

I just don't know.......I see a unknown hunk playing the scientist in a upcoming Sy Fy movie

Sam said...

Sounds cool as hell. Thermal energy!!!!

Dani said...

Be Afraid.

MakingSpace said...

Hmmm... this is... fraught with possibilities... none of them seem, well, goooood...

Catching up with your blog after a weird couple of weeks of work, and I have to say I appreciate your putting up an Opera Cat photo. Warms my li'l soprano heart...