Tar and Abby

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

When Mythbusters attack

Being a Mythbusters Geek I follow several cast members on Twitter. Grant and Tory were having a good time tweeting about the myth they were filming this week - cannonballs - you can imagine....
But all went wrong when one of the cannonballs left the Alameda County bomb range and went zooming thru a house, bounced off a roof, bounced across a roadway and into a minivan. Thankfully no-one was hurt!!
The tweets have been taken down, the show put on hold - tonight's episode removed from Discovery channel - the incident will be studied, the insurance company will descend and the lawyers will pow-wow.
Considering the amount of mayhem the show has filmed over the years it is amazing that they lasted this long without such an incident.
Full story here.

7 comments:

Bob said...

Carlos loves that show.
I always thought it a bit loopy.

S'A said...

My kids like that show and some times watch it for hours. I like to watch it once in a while (if there's nothing else on!).

Mr.Mischief said...

I saw a clip on the news about it-hopefully the lawyers work something out, I love that show-but I'm also surprised nothing like this has happened before with all they do..glad no one got hurt too!

Sam said...

Why are they taking the episode off tonight? That makes no sense. Anyway I've watched it a few times but because of my ADD I usually don't make it back around to that channel before the episode ends.

froggy said...

They put the show, and the work they are doing currently, on hold because of the accident. They may even re-edit some I'm thinking to take out the overly-gleefullness at the mayhem and promote safety a bit more.

The only episode that ever bothered me was a recent one about RPGs - rocket powered grenades - there are hundreds, if not thousands, of soldiers killed and maimed by those things - nothing to be gleeful, excited or all geeked out about.

Joy said...

Does Grant ever mention Geoff Peterson, Craig Ferguson's gay skeleton robot sidekick he made?

froggy said...

I don't think he ever has.
CraigF did tweet he had their back and was going to say something positive on his show (but forgot to record it).