Tar and Abby

Sunday, December 4, 2011

So many snails will be out of work!

Do any of you still pay bills via snail mail?
Raising hand.... I do.
But I may be dragged, kicking and screaming, to the interwebz by the post office.
(Economy boost - how many millions in late fees will this generate because folks don't catch the change...?)

"WASHINGTON—Facing bankruptcy, the U.S. Postal Service is pushing ahead with unprecedented cuts to first-class mail next spring that will slow delivery and, for the first time in 40 years, eliminate the chance for stamped letters to arrive the next day."

Full story here.

10 comments:

mistress maddie said...

WOW! I wonder how long it would be. I do still mail maybe two bills and my rent. And some hand written thank you cards....remember them?

kristi said...

I do pay a lot of my bills by snail mail. Some I am forced to pay online though!

Mr.Mischief said...

I haven't used a stamp for a bill in years-I pay all of them online except for the water bill that I hand deliver down at the city center once a month-tired to pay THAT one online when they started online bill paying...they took my money, yet said I never paid my bill..I won't pay that one online again.

Bob said...

We do almost all of ours online now.
It's quicker and easier.

David Dust said...

Snail mail for me.

MakingSpace said...

I do automatic withdrawal for every possible bill, and have for over a decade. When I get a bill I have to pay by check, I kind of twitch.

That said, I rely on the postal service quite a bit, and I'm sorry to see that they are going through this.

Big Shamu said...

Half and half.

What I don't understand is why they don't up the rates of the stupid junk bulk mail.

Joy said...

This makes me sad. I pay bills online or by bank draft but do use the mail.

Sam said...

Checks.

Sam said...

What is a check? Do they still print those? Lol xoxo