Tar and Abby

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's harvest time in wine country


We are surrounded by grape orchards here in SE WA. And wineries. There are two down the road from us. One of my PTA moms went back to school to become a wine-ologist (Viticulture/Enology) and is in charge of the wine section of the grocery store. My niece is leasing their land to the wineries. She took a class, in Spanish, to learn about the industry. The class is offered in Spanish because of all the migrant workers who came north , stayed and helped build the industry. Picking wine at Thanksgiving is always an exercise that The Engineer takes very seriously.
(Oven is clean! Took three hours at nuclear temperatures.)

5 comments:

Sam said...

A toast to a clean oven! Without the deadly fumes of cleaner.

Bob said...

Love some good Washington Pinots....and they pair well with s holiday turkey.
Fried or nuked.

MakingSpace said...

Woot! Clean oven. That's what I came here for.

Great post but I'm gonna need that firefighter story.

mistress maddie said...

Honey, those barrels look like my cellar!

Joy said...

I like those photos.