Tar and Abby

Monday, September 5, 2011

Design Star - ep 9 - teeny, tiny house

Each of the remaining contestants were presented with a small house, 86 square feet, to design.
Nobody told us but it seemed that they all got the same slender toilet, sink, microwave, fridge and single hot plate.
Additionally they all got HGTV carpenters (very loud and personable - which is starting to wear on me all this over the top personality). The carpenters tied in nicely with the next competition show (which The Engineer thinks will be interesting) - Top Carpenter or something like that.
Besides giving me a mild case of claustrophobia, it was interesting to see how they put together the space. You'd have to be young to live in these. Loft sleeping has no appeal at my age, ladders, trips to the bathroom...
I was surprised at who went home.

5 comments:

Joy said...

So was I. Who knew?

Yes, the young would have to live there for sure!! Cute, though.

Mr.Mischief said...

We watched that last night-I love the idea of those small houses, and living in a home while having a small impact...Until you try and turn around without knocking things over..I think I'll stick to reasonable house sizes.

Bob said...

I sorta figured he'd go.
Not happy about it, but.......

Big Shamu said...

I live in a rather small house. It's...challenging.

Tivo Mom said...

Thought the houses were cute..season has been a little blah. I liked Mark but have liked Karl from the beginning...