Tar and Abby

Monday, August 29, 2011

Design Star - ep 8 - who has the time?!

The contestants were given $2500 to spruce up a tiny living room in a tiny apartment (NYC tiny) and then gave their on camera challenge live on the Nate Berkus show. Don't know who he is but looked him up as an Oprah star and has a syndicated show. One did well, two did poorly and one blew it out of the studio.

Their living rooms, which already had furniture, were all pretty boring and sad. I didn't see $2500 of much of anything in the rooms unless prices in NYC are much higher than the rest of the country.

I just haven't liked any of the rooms this year. And I wonder - so many times they can't finish, they have to make do and it looks like it. Boring is not going to keep viewers. I'd LOVE to see what they can do given sufficient time.


4 comments:

Bob said...

I liked "some" of the room, but no one was really "Wow."

And you're right. The last time I thought "Wow" after any challenge this season was way back in the White Box Challenge where they got to do anything.

Sam said...

Did you read his bio froggy? He was in the big tsunami a few years back and lost his partner. Sad sad sad.

froggy said...

I did read it and it was indeed very sad. I'm glad he has been able to keep on going and live the life his partner would have wanted for him.

Joy said...

Nothing wowed me, either. I agreed with the decision of the judges. Well, I'm not sure how it goes when they get a show anyway.