Tar and Abby

Thursday, July 14, 2011

OMG! Google Images and me

I have almost seven great nieces and nephews. And I am the book aunt. With more free time on my hands now I'm the writing book aunt. I found a site, Bookemon, where you can upload your own art and words and make a hardback book. It. Is. So. Much. Fun!!! I'm working on my fourth book - I've got birthdays and Christmas covered forever...

Anyway. I came up with two character names for the next one. And I decided to look one name up since I wanted to be sure I hadn't subconsciously used a name of another character.

OMG! Naked people everywhere, men and women, sprawled everywhere!!! Who knew?! My images are set on moderate. I can't imagine what would show up otherwise...

The name.... I'll give you in the comments. If anyone knows what it delicately refers to... because I can't figure it out.

13 comments:

froggy said...

My characters are Furd the Frog and Nud the Newt.
Nud is the word in question.

Big Shamu said...

Really?? Must go investigate.

David Dust said...

I've been around the block a few (million) times - but I've never come across "Nud". I guess I'm not the seen-it-all freak I thought I was - DAMN!

XOXOXOXOXO

Dani said...

I'm off with Shamy to go investigate.

Sam said...

Delicately? Lol!! NUD? never heard such a word but like the big shamu I'm off!!

froggy said...

maybe we should make this a trending topic on twitter...
or not!

mrs. miss alaineus said...

blame it on autocomplete and them not asking you did you mean 'nude'.......


i'm gonna see if i can use that book site for a class project! thanks for the seed to a potentially great idea!

xxalainaxx

froggy said...

By golly, I think that's it!!

The books can be made in paperback which would make the cost lower.

Mr.Mischief said...

I had to try it-"nud" sure brought up some un-PG pictures for sure!

Bob said...

I would think nud for nude, but still.........

And I'm gonna look at this site myself. Sounds very cool.

Big Shamu said...

OK so I didn't google image NUD but what googling I did do came up with some interesting info that uses the abbreviation for NUD. But I think everyone else is right, short for nude...because three letters is WAY shorter than four.

Joy said...

Yes, I also believe MMA cracked the code! So you can use Nud for a character!!

Joy said...

Oh and that book site is great! So glad to know about it. Thanks!