Tar and Abby

Friday, June 24, 2011

The river of time is flooding!!!


As The Engineer explains it your alarm clock is going to betray you! They are tinkering with the power grid delivery and clocks attached to the wall, or coffee maker, or stove, or microwave may go bonkers on you. Run too fast and compound that error. Your phone and computer will be okay timewise. Those areas of the country which rely on solar and wind might have more problems. The problem is probably going to be worse out West.
The article is here.

4 comments:

Mr.Mischief said...

My alarm clock gets it's time from some atomic setup automatically..hopefully we'll be alright!

MakingSpace said...

My area is on its own for power, so we're not going to be affected. Regardless, every clock in my house is different, so I'm pretty sure if there were fluctuations I'd have no clue. snort

Kyle said...

My alarm clock and I aren't speaking anyway Froggy. She stopped paying attention to time a long time ago.

I read this article earlier. I'm just happy someone is paying attention to the grid and the potential problems we may face from various sources. Before this article, aside from inside publications, it was hard to find anything saying that we were paying attention to the grid and the potential infrastructure problems from long overdue maintenance and upgrades.

mrs. miss alaineus said...

well, at least it won't make us late as they are running 'ahead'....i use my cell phone alarm clock so if that's gonna be affected then i will have to calculate how many times i can still hit the snooze without being late.

xxalainaxx