Tar and Abby

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

update - this is going to take some time!

Since my original passport is.... somewhere,
not here, not in this universe apparently,
and was issued in 1981 - I have to reapply.
And this is what they want nowadays -

- If you Claim Citizenship through Birth Abroad to Two U.S. Citizen Parents: Submit a Consular Report of Birth (Form FS-240), Certification of Birth (Form DS-1350 or FS-545), or your foreign birth certificate (and official translation if the document is not in English), parents' marriage certificate, proof of your parents' citizenship, and an affidavit showing all of your U.S. citizen parents' periods and places of residence/physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.

oh. my!


MakingSpace said...

sigh... best wishes on all of that.

mrs. miss alaineus said...

it might be easier to offer proof of your bloodline to get an invitation to the royal wedding on friday. good luck with all that. if had to rely on my parents for any of that info i would be screwed.


Bob said...

What about the blood samples? Hair follicles? DNA?

Why don't they just give away passports! ;)

Dani said...


Joy said...

Wow! This is complicated for sure!