Tar and Abby

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Top Chef All Stars

Another Top Chef first! Are you happy with the outcome? And the previews - fire trucks?!

My family is German/English and we ate North American 60s cuisine. I remember Kraft Mac and Cheese with peas and tuna fish. Scrambled eggs with crumbled bacon.

When I married The Engineer (Swedish) I inherited the ebelskiver pan and my MIL's hand written recipe and this has become a family tradition served the morning after Thanksgiving - made by The Engineer. Each nephew-in-law gets a pan and recipe upon marriage. So a tradition with a twist.

(Yes, those are some of the ancestors above.)

10 comments:

Big Shamu said...

You're related to Cloris Leachman???

froggy said...

Holy Cow! She does look just like her doesn't she?!

Big Shamu said...

YES!!!

Especially in Young Frankenstein.

Big Shamu said...

http://www.peacheschrist.com/?p=7306

check it!

froggy said...

I wonder what food traditions Cloris can bring to the table?

The lady's name was Lucinda. I wonder if Cloris Leachman is into genealogy?

Bob said...

I was scared for Carla and Tiffany, and I almost threw something at the TV when Padma told Richard to pack his knives, but, really, Mike?
I knew he'd be safe when he got the long-lost-cousin-cooking-with-grandma-weepy edit.

Joy said...

I was scared, too! So glad Carla didn't go home. Antonia & Bighead Mike are cousins!

She does look like Cloris! What's ebelskiver? Guess I can google it.

froggy said...

Little pancake balls, traditionally filled with applesauce - around here we get more and more carried away every year. Jalapeno jelly, bacon jam, cheeeeeeeese, bacon, sausage...

David Dust said...

Usually Bravo is pretty good about showing semi-accurate previews. It's Lifetime previews which are often shamelessly misleading.

And yes, I concur on the whole Cloris Leachman thing.

XOXOXOXO

Big Shamu said...

You know, it's one thing to find out you might be related to Cloris Leachman or find out you're related to Big Head Mike but it's a whole 'nother ball of wax when you find out you might be related to Charlie Sheen or John Galiano. Some things are better left unknown.