Tar and Abby

Monday, March 7, 2011

circumventing the smart phone - Tar


My phone is not *smart* at this time. We've already got three smart phones in the family and that is co$tly enough. And there is no way to get pictures out of my phone to my computer unless....... I send them GB, he sends them to DropBox, I send them to Pixelmator (a MacBook app) and then import them for the web... Are you following all that? So here is Tarfus on the bed, his favorite spot, behind me, to monitor my deskwork and the remodeling project across the street and the kids going to, and from, school and the neighbor kids playing basketball.

8 comments:

David Dust said...

Duuuuuuuuuude!!!

XOXOXOXO

Boxer said...

That's a super sweet face and it sounds like he has big job around your home. :-)

You can't connect your phone to your computer and go into "My computer" to export photos? I'm a PC, not MAC person so maybe it's different.

froggy said...

If GB (youngest son, computer potential Rasputin) can't do it - it can't be done. I think it is a way to convince people to smart phone their phones.

Mr.Mischief said...

I just send the picture as a picture message with my email address as the recipient instead of a phone number, and presto-open the email and there's the picture.

Content in a Cottage said...

I have a MacBook Air but no smart phone. I found this link that might work for you depending on your phone. http://www.askdavetaylor.com/get_download_photos_apple_iphone_mac.html
Let me know.
Rosemary

mrs. miss alaineus said...

i also blog from my non-smart phone straight to blogger by sending a text to my blog. look for sms services on the dashboard/ my account part, but i am a pc :D

xxalainaxx

Sam said...

ok. Just take it and hit the picture thing to send, then add your address, and hit the weird looking button on the right, then take that and save it to file and then power off the phone, power on the phone check if picture is still on phone then take battery out, repower phone and after all this fails just dont take no more pictures with that phone.
Hope that cleared it all up.
See that phone aint that smart anyways.

Joy said...

I trust what you say about if GB can't do it, it can't be done. What you're doing works.

Tar looks so sweet and pretty!