Tar and Abby

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Abby's new enemy

A doggy's work is never done.
Every year a kingfisher visits the pond, dives in and steals some of my fish. Such is nature.
All the other dogs ignored the bird.
Not Abby.
Just inside (after reading the squirrel the riot act) and slightly soggy from the rain, the kingfisher arrives with his loud call, and Abby is out the door again.
The bird is not happy and chatters at her. Abby, with Minion Tar in tow, gives it right back.
Tar comes in to dry off. Abby is still on patrol.

4 comments:

Big Shamu said...

I love Kingfishers. So much fun to watch. Sorry Abs, it's not like you're going to bother him much.

mistress maddie said...

Oh great now no bird will rest! My mother dog lady is the same way. Nothing dare enter her yard! Even birds. She even got one, one time. didn't kill it, but injured it the mother said.

Content in a Cottage said...

I love reading about the doggy adventures around your house. I've never seen a real Kingfisher but love all the pictures I've seen of them diving for fish.

Joy said...

That Abby is on guard all the time for everything!