Tar and Abby

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I wonder if I can buy her soul back?

This copy of Shakespeare's plays is 127 years old.
I bought it in a used bookshop in actual Stratford Upon Avon, in actual England. I visited Skakespeare's home, went to the Merchant of Venice at the theatre and visited his grave site.

Tonight I heard a rrrrrip. I looked behind me and Abby was chewing part of the binding. I jumped up, maybe I could grab the piece from her and glue it back on.

She swallowed it.
SHE SWALLOWED IT!

Sigh....
Since she is the Demon Pixie - she was just following orders and "giving the devil his due".

7 comments:

mrs. miss alaineus said...

at least she can appreciate the classics?????? (insert rim shot here)

man, that's rough. i don't even know how to offer empathy for this one other than to say a sincere 'i'm sorry'.

xxalainaxx

Bob said...

I think evrything in your house needs to be put on a HIGH shelf......in someone else's house!

Big Shamu said...

You have an incredibly big heart. El Diablo is going to test those boundries but I believe she's come to you for a reason and not because she's a book lover.

David Dust said...

Do they have doggie Exorcists??? Maybe you should do a Google search...

XOXOXO

Joy said...

Oh no!! Go through your house and put everything valuable and meaningful like that far away from her. Lock them in the attic until she has an exorcism!

Sam said...

Well your much better than me, I think I would have had to give her a little pop on the nose with the book!! how did you ever hold it together.

Dan said...

i wonder how a dog rug will look. ; )