Tar and Abby

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

We be flooding IN THE HOUSE


A bad week for overtime and overwork for The Engineer so the water heater BLEW UP!
It has gone thru the wall, soaking the carpet in the family room. GB and I have to move his huge
computer desk setup. He has a test due at 11pm (via computer) and has to write a paper on the State of the Union speech. Via phone we've turned off the circuit breakers, turned off the water to the thing and are draining it. AND THE DRAIN IS PLUGGED UP!
The puppies think this is a whole bunch of fun....

7 comments:

Content in a Cottage said...

Oh Noooo, I feel so bad for you. My plumber talked me into getting a new one when he cleaned my furnace in the fall. I also got one of those pans to go under it with a sensor that sets of an alarm and turns off the water if it ever leaks. My old water heater was 28 years old. I am becoming my grandmother. She always replaced everything before it broke and we always made fun of her.

David Dust said...

Oh shizz!!!!!

I'll stop complaining about the snow now...

If the need arises - relocate to higher ground :)

XOXOXOXO

Joy said...

Oh no! I live in fear of this because mine is old and needs to be replaced. Why do things happen at the most inconvenient times like when a test is due? Did he get it finished and sent?

Joy said...

I like that illustration.

froggy said...

He's still working. The Engineer is up late with the Fix It people. 4.45am is going to come really early tomorrow!!!

Kyle said...

Water is no fun to deal with. We have to deal with water issues at the rental sometimes. That does make for a bad week.

Dan said...

Those puppoes know how to make the best out of every situation!

Sorry about the drama! We came home to a flooded basement once, and I wanted to do was cry.